Dependencies?

Shaun Reitan :: NDC Host Shaun.Reitan at NDCHost.com
Wed Oct 1 22:36:36 CEST 2003

i have a bunch of hosts and since the monitor is off site, i setup the core router as a dependency.  I also set the core router up as being a parrent but if the off site monitor cannot reach anything i still get messages for everything.  This sucks because i get a bizzilian messages to my phone :).

Here's what i got...

Core Router Config
#####################
define host{
        host_name                    oc-int-r1.core01.*********
        alias                             oc-int-r1.core01.*********
        address                         216.xxx.xxx.xxx
        check_command                   check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts              2
        retain_nonstatus_information    0
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options d,u,r
        }
#####################

One machine's config
define host{
        host_name                       zoe.****************
        alias                           zoe.******************
        address                         216.**********
        check_command                   check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts              2
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options d,u,r