Nagios loosing head (plugin timeout or otherstrange behavior)

Francois JEANMOUGIN Francois.JEANMOUGIN at 123multimedia.com
Wed Nov 26 19:01:13 CET 2003

From : Al Tobey [mailto:tobeya at tobert.org]
> You're nowhere near the upper limits of what Nagios can handle on a
> modern computer.

Well, It surely is modern.

> What you're seeing probably has something to do with
> misconfiguration.   I can't really help with that without looking at
> your configuration.  You may want to read the documentation some more,
> especially for the main "nagios.cfg" and modify some of the options in
> there.  Many of them can have a large impact on the performance of
> your
> setup.

What I can't understand is that the plugin works well for all the hosts, but one. This one _was_ on the same network _before_. Is there some informations that nagios or some plugin retain (at compile or startup time ?). What I can't understand is why nagios can't launch the plugin for this host only...

> If stuff is disappearing/reappearing in the web interface,
> it's
> likely that the CGIs and Nagios daemon are seeing different versions
> of
> the configuration.

Well, cgi.cfg is looking at the good nagios.cfg... Are CGIS storing som cache or informations elsewhere ?

Having a closer look to the cfg files will only make me lick my screen :). I'm feeling, her, strange...

François.