Problems with db stored data

Paul Hirschorn phirschorn at brave.net
Sat Nov 22 01:15:23 CET 2003

Yes :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Rhett [mailto:jrhett at isite.net]
Sent: 21 November 2003 19:18
To: Paul Hirschorn
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Problems with db stored data

Um... you are replacing 'hostname' with the real host name, and 'dbname'
with the real database name, right?

Did you compile against the mysql or plsql libraries?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 05:20:33PM -0500, Paul Hirschorn wrote:
> I have been pulling my hair out trying to find out why the following is
> occurring.  My Nagios never comes alive because of the following errors:
>
> Error: Could not read program retention data from table programretention
> Error: Could not read host retention data from table hostretention
> Error: Could not read service retention data from table serviceretention
> Error: Could not lock status data tables in database ''
>
> Any ideas why this would occur?  I have all of my database definitions
> defined as follows
> Just for testing purposes I used my root user just to see if it could
work.
> I cant find anything on google pertaining to this.
>

> # DOWNTIME DATA
> xdddb_host=hostname
> xdddb_port=3306
> xdddb_database=dbname
> xdddb_username=uname
> xdddb_password=passwd
> #
> # COMMENT DATA
> xcddb_host=hostname
> xcddb_port=3306
> xcddb_database=dbname
> xcddb_username=uname
> xcddb_password=passwd
> #
> # STATUS DATA
> xsddb_host=hostname
> xsddb_port=3306
> xsddb_database=dbname
> xsddb_username=uname
> xsddb_password=passwd
> #
> # EXTENDED DATA
> xeddb_host=hostname
> xeddb_port=3306
> xeddb_database=dbname
> xeddb_username=uname
> xeddb_password=passwd
>

> and in $BASE/nagios/etc/resource.cfg
>
> # DB DOWNTIME DATA : 'hostdowntime' and 'servicedowntime'
> xdddb_host=hostname
> xdddb_port=3306
> xdddb_database=dbname
> xdddb_username=uname
> xdddb_password=passwd
>

> # DB COMMENT DATA : 'hostcomments' and 'servicecomments'
> xcddb_host=hostname
> xcddb_port=3306
> xcddb_database=dbname
> xcddb_username=uname
> xcddb_password=passwd
>

> # DB STATUS DATA : 'programstatus', 'hoststatus', 'servicestatus'
> xsddb_host=hostname
> xsddb_port=3306
> xsddb_database=dbname
> xsddb_username=uname
> xsddb_password=passwd
>

> # DB RETENTION DATA : 'programretention', 'hostretention',
> 'serviceretention'
> xrddb_host=hostname
> xrddb_port=3306
> xrddb_database=dbname
> xrddb_username=uname
> xrddb_password=passwd
>

> Paul Hirschorn
> BraveLine Technology
> 136 W21 Street 8th Floor
> New York, NY 10003
>
> phirschorn at braveline.com
> [...]

Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.