Nagios won't display new hosts??

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Thu Nov 20 21:27:36 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, TIM MOORE wrote:

> I just installed Sentinix for the first time.  It has a very fast install
> and comes with Nagios v1.1 installed.  Unfortunately I cannot add any hosts

I've not used Nagat or Sentinix, so this may be way off base, however... it
sounds like Nagat isn't restarting Nagios after updating its config files.
Without a restart, the config files aren't re-read, and new hosts/services
will not be monitored.

Someone else on this list may have more detail for you.  If not, you may want
to dig around for any user support lists for Nagat or Sentinix.

Hope this helps.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110