Hosts.cfg question, service configuration question, ldapv3

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Nov 19 18:46:14 CET 2003

You are correct, there isn't. Host checks are only executed when a
service on that host fails, up to the maximum specified retries. The
logic is that if a service on the host responds OK then the host itself
must be OK since you can never have a service respond OK on a down host.
See the Host Check portion of
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/checkscheduling.html.

--
Marc