Problem with check_log

James M. Albright jalbr at groupwise.umn.edu
Mon Nov 17 21:40:48 CET 2003

Hello all
  I have nrpe working great, but I have run into a problem.  I want to
check a log for a patter it seems to be finding the log but I must have
the patter part messed up here is what I have in my nrpe.cfg file.

command[check_local7]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_log -F
/var/local_logs/candle/oracle -q '[ID 702911 local7.info] Hello World'

I keep getting  "Log check ok - 0 pattern matches found"  even after I
write Hello World to the log
Any help would be great thanks
Jim A.

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
EAS - Systems Support, OIT, University of Minnesota