parent outages - behaviour for children?

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Wed Nov 12 17:34:22 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 20:27, Tedman Eng wrote:
>  If there are
> 2 parents, both must be down before children are "Unreacchable" status.

Hm.  Maybe this is why my parents aren't working as I'd hoped.

Are you saying that if I have:

	nagios host -> router1 -> router2 -> router3 -> monitored host

...and router1 is a parent of router2, and router2 is a parent of
router3, and router3 is a parent of monitored host, then all four have
to be down before nagios will mark monitored host as unreachable?

If that's the case, then I'm getting rid of router1 and router2 from my
setup.

Or do you mean:

router1 -
         \