Problem compiling nagios-cvs (2.0 HEAD?)

Kjell Grindalen kjell.grindalen at sio.uio.no
Wed Nov 12 13:41:19 CET 2003

Hello

I tried compiling the nagios 2.0 that is downloadable from the web site.

I know this version is ALPHA, and not meant for public consumption yet, but
was hoping someone else have tried and could give me a hint :-)

I am compiling on an Solaris 9/Sparc with gcc 3.3

I get the following error when it tries to make the nagios executable.

cd ./base && make

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE -o nagios nagios.c broker.o nebmods.o
checks.o config.o commands.o events.o flapping.o logging.o notifications.o
sehandlers.o utils.o retention-base.o xretention-base.o comments-base.o
xcomments-base.o objects-base.o xobjects-base.o statusdata-base.o
xstatusdata-base.o perfdata-base.o xperfdata-base.o downtime-base.o
xdowntime-base.o      -lm -lnsl -lsocket -lpthread -ldl

strsep                              xretention-base.o

nanosleep                           events.o

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to nagios

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nagios'

If noone can help me, I will just wait patiently to get the public ready
version, but I can always hope right ?

Mvh

Kjell Grindalen