NRPE-2.0 Compile problem

Karl.Yost at mptotalcare.com Karl.Yost at mptotalcare.com
Tue Nov 11 14:49:51 CET 2003

I am trying to compile NRPE on a Tru64 system (v5.1A).
When I run the ./configure --disable-ssl it appears to run fine, however in
the config.log I have found the following lines.

cc: Error: configure, line 1150: Cannot find file <stdint.h> specified in
#include directive. (noinclfile)
cc: Warning: configure, line 1212: The scalar variable "t" is fetched but
not initialized.  And there may be other such fetches of this variable that
have not been reported in this compilation. (uninit1)
  *t++ = 0;
---^
cc: Warning: configure, line 1227: The scalar variable "b" is fetched but
not initialized.  And there may be other such fetches of this variable that
have not been reported in this compilation. (uninit1)
  struct s *b; b->j = 5;

Can't locate file for: -lnsl
configure: failed program was:
#line 1816 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

cc: Warning: configure, line 1949: In the initializer for a, "(size_t ...)0"
of type "pointer to unsigned long", is being converted to "int".
(cvtdiftypes)
int a = send(1, (const void *)0, (size_t *) 0, (int *) 0);
---------------------------------^
cc: Warning: configure, line 1949: In the initializer for a, "(int ...)0" of
type "pointer to int", is being converted to "int". (cvtdiftypes)
int a = send(1, (const void *)0, (size_t *) 0, (int *) 0);

Upon trying to make all I get the following:
cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
cc -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c
nrpe.c:
cc: Error: nrpe.c, line 520: In this statement, "socklen_t" is not declared.
(undeclared)
socklen_t, addrlen;
--------^
cc: Error: nrpe.c, line 520: In this statement, "addrlen" is not declared.
(undeclared)
socklen_t, addrlen;
-------------------^
cc: Error: nrpe.c, line 1443: In the initializer for long_options, an
array's element type is incomplete, which precludes its initialization.
(incompelinit)
{"config", required_argument, 0, 'c'},
utils.c:
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
I am at a lost of how to proceed, if anyone can give me a hand I would be
greatly appreciative.
-Karl