Nagios: Enable Debugging

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Mon Nov 10 20:04:04 CET 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Ashwin Kotian wrote:

> Yeah but what is surprising me is that.....although
> the script/plugin run on the command line return
> correct status about the service being down,
> Nagios/Netsaint seems to think that the service is UP.
>
> Hence I want to be able to see why Nagios thinks that
> the service is UP although from the command line, the
> script/plugin return "service down" value.

Did you read that URL?  From your emails, it's not clear that you know how
Nagios detects that the service is down.  What exit values is your script
using?

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110