New install on Vector linux 4.0 - Nagios Daemon won't start

KG6OSQ csashcra at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Nov 8 18:54:21 CET 2003

When I type 'service nagios start', I get no response or it outputs this:
Starting network monitor: nagios
nagios: /usr/bin/nagios: cannot execute binary file
No lock file found in /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.lock

I can't firgure out why this happens. /usr/bin/nagios exists, but it is
the nagios command with the -v, -d, etc options. Does anyone have any
suggetsions?

Cole