Nagios with sendmail

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Wed Nov 5 06:19:01 CET 2003

Here's the official line on configuring sendmail:
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=150

That said, you can try configuring your sendmail.cf file to use a Smart Host
to relay mail to (ie an internal SMTP server like MS Exchange)
Look for a DS line, and change it to DSyoursmtpserver.yourdomain.com
(note - no space between DS and yoursmtpserver.yourdomain.com )

There are other factors that may prevent this simple change from working,
but sendmail is no trivial beast to set up properly.
Check out the sendmail.org site for full docs on configuring it properly
using m4, or use a simpler-to-configure alternative.

news:003b01c3a28c$297b1840$03010d0a at ochs.local...