Debian package and plugins?

Bill Thompson Billt at Mahagonny.com
Wed Nov 5 02:54:27 CET 2003

On 04 Nov 2003 18:52:36 -0500
Michelle Murrain <lists at murrain.net> wrote:

> OK, I've installed netsaint-plugins, and netsaint-plugins-extra, which
> installed a lot of stuff. But I still have the same problem. Do I have
> to figure out a way to tell nagios where to look for these plugins,
> (since they are in /usr/lib/netsaint/plugins instead of
> /usr/lib/nagios/plugins)? Can I just copy these plugins over without
> messing too much up?
>
> I did, btw, validate my configs using -v, and I also am sure (via ps)
> that the nagios process is running.
>
> I am also assuming I have to restart the nagios process after I
> installed the plugins.
>
> Thanks!!

Instead of copying the files use a simlink:

ln -s /usr/lib/netsaint/plugins /usr/lib/nagios/plugins

That way any additional plug-ins you install with apt will be put in the
right place. Also, if the plugins package is ever renamed you will not
have to change your config.

Make sure usr/lib/netsaint/plugins can be read and executed by the nagios
process and then restart nagios.

Good Luck,
--
Bill Thompson