solaris 2.7 statusmap errors and fix

Katherine Elliott katherine.elliott at autodesk.com
Fri May 30 02:48:11 CEST 2003

Hi,
I had some issues getting the statusmap.cgi and other 2 cgis that
require the gd stuff to work and kept getting this/similar errors in my
apache log for the different libs:
[Thu May 29 23:28:12 2003] [error] [client 144.111.42.45] ld.so.1:
/opt/apps/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi: fatal: libjpeg.so.62: open failed:
No such file or directory, referer:

I got that error for each of the libraries as I updated my GDLIBS in the
cgi/Makefile.  After finding an old post that indicated you could modify
the GDLIBS in the cgi/Makefile, I added their suggestion, but it
continued to fail for the jpeg lib. This was the suggestion
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1521005): >
GDLIBS=/usr/local/lib/libgd.a /usr/local/lib/libpng.a /usr/lib/libm.a
/usr/local/lib/libz.a

I also attempted to add the -ljpeg to the end of that line and I still
got the same error.

I tried recompiling the libjpeg stuff several times and I noticed that
it wasn't copying over .libs/libjpeg.a to /usr/local/lib.  It was
creating the .so files.  I am not a developer and still learning, so
maybe I didn't need to do what I did... I copied .libs/libjpeg.a from my
libjpeg source directory to /usr/local/lib and it works.  Here is the
line for the cgi/Makefile to modify after you do that:
GDLIBS=/usr/local/lib/libgd.a /usr/local/lib/libpng.a /usr/lib/libm.a
/usr/local/lib/libz.a /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a

All seems to be working now.

Katie