qpage notifications in log, but never sent

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu May 29 05:08:46 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 04:57:51PM -0600, twebster at daksoft.com wrote:

> I use the following for my command_line
>
>       command_line /usr/local/bin/qpage -p $CONTACTPAGER$ -f $HOSTNAME -s
> nagios_server_name " $HOSTNAME$ $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ $SERVICEDESC
> $ $SERVICESTATE$ $OUTPUT$ $HOSTADDRESS"
>
> and it works great.
>
> I believe you may need double quotes around the entire qpage message.

Hey Tony,

	While I can certainly try this tomorrow when I'm back in the
office, I think my problem is much more insidious than this.

	My Nagios servers have been running for _months_, sending pages
happily.  It is only in the last .. oh .. maybe 6-8 weeks that things
started to flake out?  I might not have been clear about this in my
first post:  the failures are not consistant.  In fact, not 20 minutes
after I sent the first email, two of my servers sent me successful pages
(as if to spite me).  ;)

	And before you blame the paging service, remember that nothing
is landing in the qpage queue.  :)  Already thought of that one...

	I have also reinstalled qpage and Nagios both.

Thanks folks!

Benny