NagMIN NULL Problem - New release Friday

Fred Reimers FReimers at infosysinc.com
Wed May 28 23:14:40 CEST 2003

All,

I've located the problem with NULL.  The problem was two-fold, first, NagMIN tries to use command line MySQL if the DBI isn't installed.  This returns a NULL string instead of a NULL character.  There's also a problem with the perl eval command working differently on FreeBSD so it used command line even if DBI was installed.

The bottom line is that I've fixed it and the next release should be out by Friday.  I'm working on the setup script for new installations (particularly FreeBSD since I'm moving off of RedHat).  On FreeBSD you should be able to pkg_add -r nagios and then install NagMIN.  NagMIN will give you the option to load in the sample database and create the configuration files for you so that you don't have to manually edit the samples.

Fred Reimers (CCIE #1469, CCSA)
Senior Network Consultant
Info Systems, Inc.
freimers at infosysinc.com