Scheduling Queue, Reloads, and Stale service checks

Wilhelm, John john.wilhelm at frontiercorp.com
Wed May 28 21:05:30 CEST 2003

I have noticed  when you restart Nagios or reload the configuration using
the init script, the scheduling queue starts from the beginning.  I believe
this is causing stale service checks on the services that have not been
checked because the queue starts over rather than retains state.

Scenario:
You have hosts A..Z with ten services on each that Nagios is checking.
Your service_interleave_factor is set to "s" and the bin/nagios -s
etc/nagios.cfg is giving a value of 5.
Nagios checks 5 services on each host.
You restart or reload Nagios, the scheduling queue rechecks the 5 that
already have been checked before the reload.
>From what I can see, Nagios starts with host A again and the first 5
services.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Is there a setting(s) that I have
missed in nagios.cfg?

Suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
John Wilhelm