Hosts with no services?

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed May 28 19:29:41 CEST 2003

Workable.

But as I've said before on the list, if you have a host connected
to the network and it's not providing a service, why have it
connected to the network at all?  The answer:  Because it
*is* providing a service.  All you need to do is figure out
at least one service that you'd like to monitor, and go from there.

Otherwise, you could be adding rocks which are ICMP-aware to
your network, to the same net/net effect.

Just my $0.02.

jc