NSClient Custom Counter / -w -c Problem

Garfunkel, Joe JGarfunkel at saipeople.com
Sun May 25 00:50:13 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am a newbie with Nagios, but I have a basic system up and running now.
Nagios v1.0 and NSClient 1.07.1 and tested again with NSClient 1.083.
Running on Red Hat 8, and monitoring custom counters on MS Win2K Server.

I have my basic counters working correctly, and when I run my custom
counters, they report back correct information for the values of the
counters. For example, check-nt-paging-file reports back to Nagios that file
usage is 2%.

The problem I am having is that Nagios is not handling the -w Warning and -c
Critical argument variables correctly.  I have specified values as:  -w 50
-c 90 , Nagios is flagging this as a "Critical" problem with a usage value
of 2%.  Very strange.  Perhaps I have made a minor goof-up somewhere, and
would appreciate any assistance.

The other counters that I am using are the standard ones and those seem to
be working correctly in reporting the correct values, and also with Nagios
handling the Warning and Critical correctly.

The only difference I can think of is that for my standard counters, I have
hard-coded my complete command line within double-quotes, and not using any
argument variables.  Whereas for my custom counters, I am using a template
from the checkcommands.cfg and I am using argument variables for both the -w
and -c.

I am attaching my checkcommands.cfg file and services.cfg file.

Thank you!
- Joe