NRPE dangerous default in nrpe.cfg

Peter Kaagman p.kaagman at atlascollege.nl
Fri May 23 13:22:00 CEST 2003

Hi List,

Just an observation......

Allthough I'm aware that it is my own responsibility to make sure I have a
good configuration for nrpe, I do think that there is a dangerous default
in nrpe.cfg......

For diskcheckes it states:

command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p
/dev/hda1

as an example.

I assumed (I know I should not assume anything :D) that the warning and
critical levels were percentages which is not the case. They are absolute
values in kBs.
In perentages 20/10 would be normal tresholds.... in kBs however they are
kinda funny..... at that point you allready have a _big_ problem.

regards

Peter Kaagman
--
Kerr's Three Rules for a Successful College:
	Have plenty of football for the alumni, sex for the students,