Hosts not listed but services are

Bruno Rodriguez brunorodriguez at canal21.com
Fri May 23 11:59:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have just installed Nagios, configured it, and everything seems to work
fine, but one thing : all my services are listed OK for all my 12 hosts, but
in the host details only 2 hosts apear :-?. I've restarted the Nagios
process a few times and checked permissions, but the problem persists. ¿does
any one have a clue?

On the other hand, I have a few hosts sitting behind a firewall, and they
appear to be down to Nagios. ICMP packets are blocked at this firewall so
this is normal. I have changed the check_command to check-host-echo, but
this doesn't seem to work either. ¿can anyone help me with this? ¿is there
any other check I can make to know if the host is up?

Thanks!!

Greetings,

Bruno.