host check interval

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Thu May 22 00:24:26 CEST 2003

This is certainly one of those things I wish I could change easily about nagios. It's not uncommon for us to have 20-30 devices down on our statewide network at any given time. This equates to 1-1.5% of the total number of devices we are monitoring. Because of the fact that nagios goes hard and heavy on host failures, I've had to make my check-host-alive command just a null command so that my other checks are not delayed. Allowing a min/max host-check-interval would be a nice addition.

--
Marc