host check interval

Dean Bishop dbishop at ehvert.com
Wed May 21 23:41:33 CEST 2003

Nope.  Host alerts do not have any interval.  They are run only if a service
check on that host fails.  If the service check fails once, and only once,
regardless of retry interval and max check, the host is checked using the
host's check command.  There is no sense in continuing to test the service
if the host is down right?

When the host is checked, it is check fast and furious.  The checks are run
at the highest priority above normally scheduled checks.  After all, you may
have a server down and you would like to know about it right away.

Hope this helps,
dean