(no subject)

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed May 21 17:26:24 CEST 2003

Yes, there is a link. Anyone that's listed as a contact for the
hostgroup will get notified by whatever method is specified _in
addition_ to the person specified in the host contact_groups.

I have mine set up with no contacts for hostgroups and individual
contacts for hosts and services ala --

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       nateng-filt1-davidson-tn
        service_description             OVER-FILTERING
        retry_check_interval            3
        contact_groups                  nateng-oncall-network-apps
        check_command                   check_overfilt
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       nateng-gwiis01-davidson-tn
        service_description             UPTIME
        retry_check_interval            3
        contact_groups                  nateng-oncall-servers
        check_command                   check_nt_uptime
        }

# 'nateng-oncall-network-apps' contact group definition
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       nateng-oncall-network-apps
        alias                   ENA NETWORK NOTIFIES
        members                 nateng-network-apps
        }

# 'nateng-oncall-servers' contact group definition
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       nateng-oncall-servers
        alias                   ENA NETWORK NOTIFIES
        members                 nateng-servers
        }

# 'nateng-network-apps' contact definition
define contact{
        contact_name                    nateng-network-apps
        alias                           Network Apps On Call
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    c,r
        host_notification_options       d,r
        service_notification_commands   service-notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           email at address.org
        }

# 'nateng-servers' contact definition
define contact{
        contact_name                    nateng-servers
        alias                           Servers On Call
        email                           email at address.org
        }