HELP- Error! I am NOT a user.

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Wed May 21 07:18:53 CEST 2003

Dennis & Beverley Walters wrote:
> I have been receiving text messages in error since Wednesday, 5/14.
>
> I AM NOT A USER
>
> Someone has entered my telephone number by mistake.
> (804) 640-3248
>
> I receive numerous messages daily.   They are NOT for me.  I don't know
> anyone who would ever have reason to send me text messages.
>
> If you know anything about this or can help me in anyway, I would
> greatly appreciate it.

Whoops! Someone goofed, big time..

Nextel can tell you where these messages originated from. At least, when
I worked at AT&T Wireless we could tell you..

Do make sure that they credit you for the incoming text messages if you
end up getting charged. It's not your fault. AT&T Wireless's text
messages are free for incoming, but I don't know about Nextel.

At any rate, I'd give Nextel a call and see if they can remove the text
messaging feature from your wireless service plan. And, watch that bill. :)

But let this be a warning to everyone.. if you're not getting *any*
notifications at all, it's too good to be true! Check your
configuration! :-)