event handler!!!

Paulo Pinto pspa at gp.novis.pt
Mon May 19 18:56:47 CEST 2003

Yep.. looks great.. but, what about windoze machines ?

I know it is possible to use the Microsoft Telnet Service ... but it's
highly unsecure (you have to use some hardcoded user/pass pair besides
the fact that it goes unincrypted ).

Does anyone has a windows implementation of event handling ?

Cheers

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 17:00, Demetri Mouratis wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2003, Soeun Vanny wrote:
>
> > Dear Sir;
> >
> > I'm wondering whether we can use "event handler" to restart a service on a
> > remote machine.For example:
> >
> > _A http service on a remote machine(it is not running nagios) is stopped.And
> > when a moniterd machine(it is running nagios) probed that the http service
> > on the remote is being stopped,can the event handler be applied to restart
> > that service?
> >

> Sure.  Take a look at the example (for restarting apache on a local
> machine):
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/eventhandlers.html
>
> Now, configure a nagios account on the remote machine that has privileges
> to run apachectl.  Create an ssh keypair and publish the public key in the
> /home/nagios/.ssh/authorized_keys file.
>
> Modify the stock event handler to do something like:
>
> ssh -l nagios remote_box /usr/sbin/apachectl restart
>
> Hope that helps.
Paulo Pinto <pspa at gp.novis.pt>
Novis IT - GSP