FYI - RH 7.3 xinetd patch breaks nrpe bash scripts

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri May 16 20:05:55 CEST 2003

Cook, Garry wrote:
> I should have known better than to trust in such a 'windows-like'
> feature.

I'm not sure I would blame up2date for this.  apt-get[1] and
yum[2] would behave similarly (except that you could set up
your own mirrors/repositories for development/test/production,
thus allowing you to test out an updated RPM in one environment
before rolling out into a more sensitive environment).

The alternative is to never patch, which will eventually cause
you some heartache.

jc

[1] http://freshrpms.net/apt/
[2] http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/