FYI - RH 7.3 xinetd patch breaks nrpe bash scripts

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Fri May 16 19:20:29 CEST 2003

This has completely screwed up my MRTG implementation on a RH 7.1 box.
I'm currenlty limping along by running a script from cron every 5
minutes to restart the MRTG daemon if it cannot find it. I can't figure
out why the daemon dies out and I end up with zombies.
I'm thinking about backing out of the up2date update, but haven't had a
need to do so in the past and I'm not sure how difficult that will be.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

I should have known better than to trust in such a 'windows-like'
feature.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 303.881.5157 (Mobile)