Negate plugin

Nate Allen nallen at humboldtbank.com
Tue May 13 23:20:18 CEST 2003

Have you set the Timeout (-t) value for the negate plugin to some value
greater than the timeout for the check it is wrapping?  It took me some time
to figure that out.

So, if you're wrapping check_ping with negate, and check_ping has a timeout
of 10 seconds, you seem to need to do something like:

/path/to/negate -t 15 /path/to/check_ping -H the.host.ip.address options

Otherwise, I think the negate plugin gives up before check_ping does, and
does not invert the results.

On the command line, the negate plugin will still tell you the result of the
wrapped command without indicating that it has been inverted.  When called
from withing Nagios, however, the check seems to be inverted correctly, at
least for me.

Nate