nrpe compile on solaris 8

Phil Costelloe philc at foundation-it.com
Tue May 13 16:02:23 CEST 2003

> From: Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE [mailto:matt.garrett at shell.com]

> I fixed my openssl includes to be hardcoded e.g
>
> /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/bio.h
> Now looks like
> #ifndef OPENSSL_NO_FP_API
> # include <stdio.h>
> #endif
> #include <stdarg.h>
>
> #include </usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/crypto.h>
> #include </usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/e_os2.h>
>

> Or could have set LD_LIBRARY_PATH which I think would have worked.

Adding -I/usr/local/ssl/include to CCFLAGS in src/Makefile works
as an intermediate solution as well.

> Still does not solve my problem or the same one that Joe Leone has

I now have the same problem too. :)

Putting a colon at the end of the typedef lines in common/config.h
helps somewhat and just leaves redefinition errors, e.g.

In file included from nrpe.c:22:
../common/config.h:53: redefinition of `u_int32_t'
../common/config.h:53: `u_int32_t' previously declared here

I got rid of most of them by removing the (redundant?) include of
config.h in utils.h (still included from nrpe.c) but couldn't get
rid of that last one, so I tried commenting out the include of
config.h altogether to see what happened. Now I get:

cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -lssl -lcrypto -o nrpe -lnsl
-lsocket nrpe.c utils.c
nrpe.c: In function `process_macros':
nrpe.c:1378: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
nrpe.c:1378: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
strsep                              /var/tmp/ccelYvYO.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to nrpe
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nrpe'
Current working directory
/home/sysadmin/build/nagios-nrpe/nrpe-2.0b3/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

While looking into why strsep might be causing a problem, I found it
doesn't
exist on Solaris, e.g.
http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2001/11/0024.html

So I don't think 2.0 beta3 is going to compile on Solaris 8 as it
stands.

However, I'm not a C programmer so I could be wrong. Cc:ed to Ethan
for a proper opinion. :)

Phil