compile nrpe on Solaris

Joe Leone Joe.Leone at Beacon.com.au
Tue May 13 10:14:02 CEST 2003

Hi
I am trying to compile nrpe nrpe-2.0b3 on Solaris 7.
I get an error  as below.

gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -L/lib  -lssl -lcrypto -o nrpe -lnsl -lsocket nrpe.c utils.c
In file included from ../common/common.h:24,
./common/config.h:54: syntax error before "typedef"
In file included from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/3.2.3/include/sys/types.h:33,
                 from /usr/include/strings.h:11,
                 from ../common/config.h:74,
                 from ../common/common.h:24,
                 from nrpe.c:21:
/usr/include/sys/machtypes.h:33: syntax error before "typedef"

I have seen a number of people ask about compiling nrpe on Solaris and HP but no solution to fix it.  People have responded that they have compiled it successfully. I have downloaded some of the binaries but they are older version which do not have SSL.
Can some one tell me how they achieved it. I suspect it has something to do with u_int32_t

Thank you
Joe