Plugin works interactively but not in Nagios

Stanley Hopcroft Stanley.Hopcroft at ipaustralia.gov.au
Tue May 13 02:37:32 CEST 2003

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and congratulate on you a very
useful and helpful suggestion in dealing with the FAQ of 'No output!'
from plugin (often a Perl plugin although not here).

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 12:53:25PM -0400, Patrick LeBoutillier wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Create your own plugin, just shell script that does something like:
>
> echo `date` >> /tmp/toto
> echo $* >> /tmp/toto
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http $*
>
> and place it instead of check_http (either on the file system or in the
> command config file.).

Would you like to submit an FAQ entry about this ?

See ttp://www.nagios.org/faqs/addfaq.php

I think it would be helpful and worthwhile.

> Then you will be able to see what args are passed and what's going on.
>

> Patrick

Thank you very much,

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft