Plugin works interactively but not in Nagios

Jeff Mercer mercer at btitelecom.net
Mon May 12 20:29:03 CEST 2003

Patrick LeBoutillier wrote:
> Create your own plugin, just shell script that does something like:
>
> echo $* >> /tmp/toto
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http $*
>
> and place it instead of check_http (either on the file system or in the
> command config file.).
>
> Then you will be able to see what args are passed and what's going on.

Thanks Patrick, that was an excellent suggestion. Hell, I should have
thought of it myself.

Not nearly as self-LARTing as what the problem was. I had the IP address for
this particular server wrong in the configuration entry for the host.
And it just so happened the IP address I did type in *was* active, and had
many of the same services running on it. So most things seemed to work ok.

ANd of course when checking interactively, I was always typing the correct
host name/IP address.

Sheesh. :}