Statusmap errors

Jeff Mercer mercer at btitelecom.net
Mon May 12 20:40:33 CEST 2003

Leonard Miller wrote:
> When I go to Status Map, it shows question marks for hosts.
> I made changes in cgi.cfg/Extended Host Information and it
> still does not change.  And when I click on a host, it returns
> and Internal Server Error.

Hmmm. I had a similar problem recently, though I didn't get any internal
server errors. In my case the problem was the directory that held the
extended information config files wasn't fully accessible to the nagios
user. I had to do:

	chmod a+rx /usr/local/nagios/etc/extended

and then everything was fine. So check your permissions, and double-check
your xed entry in the cgi.cfg file. Apparently the nagios restart script
won't complain even if the config file specified doesn't exist/isn't accessible.