splitting up config files & cfg_dir

Nick Gushlow nick at gushlow.com
Sat May 10 04:42:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've recently tried to change my nagios install from having one config
file for hosts, services, etc to having lots of config files in separate
directories for each server group.  I'm using cfg_dir in the nagios.cfg
file rather than specifying each file.

this is how the files are laid out:

/nagios - main config files with generic templates - hosts, services,
contacts etc
/nagios/group1 - hosts, hostgroups, hostextinfo, services
/nagios/group2 - hosts, hostgroups, hostextinfo, services
.
.
.
etc.

The problem now is that my hostextinfo definitions don't work. I get the
following error when doing a pre-flight check:
-----
Error: Invalid object definition type 'hostextinfo' in file
'/etc/nagios/lan/hostextinfo.cfg' on line 6.
-----

the hostextinfo.cfg file looks like this:
-----
#####
## Host Extended Information File
##

# Server 1
define hostextinfo{
        host_name               Server1
        icon_image              linux40.png
        icon_image_alt          Gentoo Linux 1.4
        statusmap_image         linux40.gd2
        }
-----

Line 6 is the define hostextinfo{ line.  None of my definitions have
changed, yet they all worked when I had one big hostextinfo file.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

-- Nick Gushlow