If service fails, check ping before sending a notification

Jacob F Larsen J.Friis at idg.dk
Fri May 9 12:37:08 CEST 2003

Is it possible to do this:
If a service fails, check if we can ping the host before sending a
notification about every service.

The reason is that one of our servers were unreachable this night, and we
all got a message for every service about this.

I know that I can set every service to be dependant on ping, but what if
Nagios checks 4 services that fails before it discovers that ping has also
failed?

Regards / Venlig hilsen  Jacob Friis Larsen
IDG Danmark A/S  |  http://www.eksperten.dk