nsclient 1.0.7.1 vs 1.0.8.0

Tom DE BLENDE Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Fri May 9 08:56:45 CEST 2003

Ralf Mellis wrote:

> Looking into the eventlog of the servers, there is the entry
> "NSClient Error: The CPU Processor counter seems to be corrupted, all
> CPU values will be reported as 0."
> which corresponds to the above given result.

If you check out http://support.tsmgsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?t=4 you
will see the small changelog. One of the things they changed was the
way corrupt CPU counters are reported and handeled. So you have a
problem that has nothing to do with NSClient, only NSCLient handles it
differently in the new version.

> I have searched the ms kb and google down and under, but at this time I
> have not found a possibility to restore these d*mn*d broken counters...
>
> Perhaps another one has...
>
> What makes me crazy is the fact that the ms performance monitor has
> absolutely no difficulties to process _all_ indicators related to the
> processor object...

That is strange indeed. Rebooted the box already?