nsclient 1.0.7.1 vs 1.0.8.0

Ralf Mellis testrm at kisters.com
Thu May 8 18:23:00 CEST 2003

Because I had some problems on three of my w2k servers with nsclient
1.0.7.1 I have upgraded these hosts to 1.0.8.0. Now there is a
difference regarding the misbehaviour of 1.0.7.1 to the corrupted
counters. Version 1.0.7.1 reported an "internal error" getting the cpu
load and the uptime of the servers (setting state to "undefined"),
version 1.0.8.0 now reports state "OK", but with all values set to zero.

Looking into the eventlog of the servers, there is the entry
"NSClient Error: The CPU Processor counter seems to be corrupted, all
CPU values will be reported as 0."
which corresponds to the above given result.

I have searched the ms kb and google down and under, but at this time I
have not found a possibility to restore these d*mn*d broken counters...

Perhaps another one has...

What makes me crazy is the fact that the ms performance monitor has
absolutely no difficulties to process _all_ indicators related to the
processor object...

Regards

--
Ralf Mellis