Rewriting nsclient? (was NSClient 1.0.8.0 Installation Problem)

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Thu May 8 16:33:01 CEST 2003

hi

if we were to rewrite NSClient, perhaps NSClient and NRPE should be joined
according to syntax, and also NRPE rewritten. In our installation, we need
Windoze boxes to forward service and host checks, so I need to do some of
this work anyway. I've thought of changing the syntax to something like this:

(--> is from nagios server, <-- is from NSClient/NRPE)

--> GOODDAY
<-- YADDOOG
--> CHECK SERVICE|HOST service_or_host_name [ON vandervalk01]
<-- EXTERNAL_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;1;I'm drunk
--> GOODNIGHT
<-- THGINDOOG

Any ideas?

roy