NSClient 1.0.8.0 Installation Problem

Ralf Mellis testrm at kisters.com
Thu May 8 11:20:25 CEST 2003

Martens, Jason wrote:
> I just tried installing the NSClient on a Windows 2000 Server, and I got
> the following error when I tried to run the pNSClient.exe /install
> command:
> C:\Program Files\nagios\pNSClient.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
> After I say ok to the error message, I get an Access is denied. Message
> in the command shell.  I am logged in as administrator.

I had similar problems after upgrading from 1.0.7.1 to 1.0.8 from tmsg.
The deinstallation from version 1.0.7.1 results in an access violation
(on _every_ server, where I did the upgrade).
Be sure to have neither event viewer nor service applet open when
installing the nsclient. After repeating the command "pNSClient.exe
/install" several times it finishes successfull at last.

HTH

--
Ralf Mellis
Abt. DV/ORG