Building nrpe 2.03b on hp-ux 11

Ralf Mellis testrm at kisters.com
Thu May 8 11:12:57 CEST 2003

Ralf Mellis wrote:
> currently I'm trying to build nagios plugins 1.3 and nrpe 2.03b on my
> hp-ux 11.00 server (I created a posting a few days ago and got an answer
> with a hint for a link to precompiled versions, but there was only the
> nrpe 1.8, which not fits my needs).

Because currently there is no way to build version 2.03b on my host (for
me :-)) (changing the source code as advised from Jason was not
successfull, but I'm not really sure whether I have done this in the
correct way, my "life" as c coder is somewhat long ago, 10 years or
so...) I have build up the version 1.8 (no problems here with compiler /
linker).

But the drawback: After starting the nrpe daemon I only get the lines

nrpe[28714]: Could not read request from client, bailing out...

in the syslog of the server at every attempt of the nagios host to
communicate with the nrpe daemon.
Could it be that there are difficulties with ssl/tls here?
Nagios is builded with ssl/tls support and I have absolutely no problems
to communicate with linux hosts running nrpe 2.03b, windows hosts
running nsclient 1.0.7.1 respectively tmsg nsclient 1.0.8.

How do I establish the communication from my nagios host to the nrpe
client 1.8 on my hp-ux server?

By the way: Jason, did you build version 2.03b successfull on hp-ux
11.00 or do you have the same problems there as with version 11i?

Bye

--
Ralf Mellis
Abt. DV/ORG