invalid hostname

Simon Østengaard simon at ostengaard.dk
Wed May 7 12:16:25 CEST 2003

As Patrick wrote:

Here is the code that is causing you problems:

/* from RFC-1035
 *
 * The labels must follow the rules for ARPANET host names.  They must
 * start with a letter, end with a letter or digit, and have as interior
 * characters only letters, digits, and hyphen.  There are also some
 * restrictions on the length.  Labels must be 63 characters or less. */

int
is_hostname (char *s1)
{
        if (!s1 || strlen (s1) > 63) {
                return FALSE;
        }
        if (strcspn (s1,
"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUWVXYZ0123456789-.")
!= 0) {
                return FALSE;
        }
        if (strspn (s1, "0123456789-.") == 1) { /* change to if (strspn (s1, "-.") == 1) { */
                return FALSE;
        }
        while ((s1 = index (s1, '.'))) {
                s1++;
                if (strspn (s1, "0123456789-.") == 1) { /* change to if (strspn (s1, "-.") == 1) { */
                        return FALSE;
                }
        }
        return TRUE;
}

in the utils.c

delete the number in the check and the plugin will check mail.2aa.dk.

I have tried the latest snapshot but it still won't check mail.2aa.dk

:) Simon