/etc/init.d/nagios reload

Jason Lancaster jlancaster at affinity.com
Tue May 6 18:53:25 CEST 2003

I've had lots of problems with service state retention, lost or "orphaned"
services, and a bunch of other stuff when using the reload command. Reload
also has a tendency to miss new hosts/services and not add them into the web
interface (maybe this is a built in limitation of reload, I'm not sure... I
stopped relying on it a while ago)

Overall I've found it to be very unstable in a large distributed
environment.

I didn't send that email to complain about it though... I just wanted to
offer a solution ;)

Regards,
Jason