Can check_by_ssh work under ssh-agent?

Piotr Poznanski Piotr.Poznanski at nid.pl
Tue May 6 10:03:34 CEST 2003

I'd like to query remote machines by SSH, however I'd rather avoid using
empty passphrase.
Thought of running nagios (and its children -- plugins) under ssh-agent a
little bit more secure...

I've created key pair and run ssh-agent, ssh-add. SSH client works fine, ie.
asks no password nor passphrase. Unfortunately check_by_ssh plugin kips
asking for passphrase...

Does plugin lack support for such functionality or is it only some error in
my thinking?

Regadrs,
Piotr