GUI available besides NAGAT!

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Mon May 5 23:18:52 CEST 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Bryan Loniewski wrote:

> After perusing the mailing lists, is anyone developing, using, working on
> a gui for nagios configuration files. We here at Rutgers University are
> using the old default config files with a hacked version of NEAT. We did
> not go to object based yet since we (I) felt there was no gui solution
> out there yet. A gui is nice since, for example, our operators can edit
> config files without having an account on the machine. However, I know
> the next release is going to do away with the default config files and I
> would like to do away with them as well, but I can't believe how
> established nagios is that there is no "stable" gui out there. Any
> feedback would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bryan Loniewski
> NBCS - Systems Programmer

NagMIN is an alternative.

Not yet alpha is "osesm".

Part of the issue holding back the development of alternative admin gui's
is the absence of a parser library.  Nagmin has developed its own and
osesm is developing another.  Neither is entirely application independent.

I have started to heavily patch the perl modules under osesm and hope to
get those patches in soon.

I think you will see some development over the summer - if you can wait
that long.

--

-sg