ping UNKNOWN status

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Sun Mar 30 05:36:13 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 14:51, matrix4050 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The check_ping command doesn't seem to work with nagios.
>
> The "Status Information" is "/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 IP_HERE" and the STATUS of my ping command is UNKNOWN even though i tried to execute the above command manually and I got all the correct output.

Someone recently had a similar problem, and discovered thar resource.cfg
was not rreadble by nagios.

Also, when you ran the command, was it as nagios? Some systems place
limits on who can execute ping, and nagios is typically confugured as a
non-priveleged user (it should be configured as such for security
reasons).

BTW, you later post was not needed, and the HTML should be avoided as
well. Waiting a few hours for an answer to appear on a weekend should
not be too much of a trial for you, especially given how much you have
paid for the support.

--
Karl