ping UNKNOWN status

Felix F. felix at pz4.org
Sat Mar 29 21:54:51 CET 2003

Hello,

The check_ping command doesn't seem to work with nagios.

The "Status Information" is "/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 IP_HERE" and the
STATUS of my ping command is UNKNOWN even though i tried to execute the
above command manually and I got all the correct output.

Here is how my ping command looks in service.cfg:

define service{
use generic-service ; Name of service template to use

host_name domain.com
service_description PING
is_volatile 0
check_period 24x7
max_check_attempts 3
normal_check_interval 5
retry_check_interval 1
contact_groups linux-admins
notification_interval 240
notification_period 24x7
notification_options c,r
check_command check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
}

And checkcommands.cfg:

define command{
command_name check_ping
command_line $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -p
5
}

Thank You for the help in advance.