Nagios/Nagios Plugins Solaris 8 packages available

Oliver Thieke oliver.devnull at gmx.net
Sat Mar 29 15:21:46 CET 2003

Hi Andre and List !

 > I have packaged sparc and intel binaries for Solaris 8
 > via the Blastwave.org "CSW" (Community SoftWare for
 > Solaris) project.
 > CSWnagios (1.0) - nagios
 > CSWnagiosp (1.30) - nagios plugins including mysql, ldap, snmp, nrpe
 > I hope they are of some use.

Definetly !  Nice work !  Came right in time for me since
I don't have compile environ available on SUN (yet)...

Just 2 follow-up questions:

- Is there (somewhere) also a sparc/solaris 2.6 package
   available ?   (yep.... not only 'incomplete' environ
   but also one with two os-versions ;-)  )

- I thought the plugin-package would install independently...
   I just want to monitor the sun boxes, Nagios server will
   live on a LX machine - hence according to my current knowledge
   I would just need NRPE and some plugins (all stuffed into
   CSWnagiosp) for the sun amchines.  But when I install
   CSWnagiosp with pkadd I get:
   "WARNING: The <CSWnagios> package "nagios - nagios network
    monitoring base package (no plugins)" is a prerequisite
    package and should be installed."

    Can I just skip that or shall I install also the
    (in my case unneeded) base package ?

Thanx for your help in advance.

Greetings from the city without the wall.

Oliver