problems with Icons

Mark Holm mark.holm at inherent.com
Thu Mar 27 18:47:02 CET 2003

Daniel,

I managed to get mine going last night. I did 3 things, the last being the
definitive one that made it work:

1) Upgraded to latest libgd version 2.0.11
2) Looked at all the examples I could find of hostextinfo.cfg files and
noted that the icon_image_alt wasn't a string for all the others, but rather
pointed at a gif file.
3) Noted that I had left the word define out of each of the hostextinfo
definitions in the hostextinfo.cfg

I am using the base image files for now and they have been extracted into
the share/images/logos directory and my hostextinfo.cfg file now looks like
the following:

----hostextinfo.cfg---
# Templates
define hostextinfo{
        name            Sun
        icon_image      sunlogo.png
        icon_image_alt  sunlogo.gif
        vrml_image      sunlogo.png
        statusmap_image sunlogo.gd2
        register 0
        }

define hostextinfo{
        name            RedHat
        icon_image      redhat.png
        icon_image_alt  redhat.gif
        vrml_image      redhat.png
        statusmap_image redhat.gd2
        register 0
        }

define hostextinfo{
        name            Windows
        icon_image      win40.png
        icon_image_alt  win40.gif
        vrml_image      win40.png
        statusmap_image win40.gd2
        register 0
        }

define hostextinfo{
        name            Switch
        icon_image      switch40.png
        icon_image_alt  switch40.gif
        vrml_image      switch40.png
        statusmap_image switch40.gd2
        register        0
        }

define hostextinfo{
        name            Router
        icon_image      router40.png
        icon_image_alt  router40.gif
        vrml_image      router40.png
        statusmap_image router40.gd2
        register        0
        }

#
# Host definitions
define hostextinfo{
        use             Sun
        host_name  sun1.infoarchinc.com
        }

define hostextinfo{
        use             RedHat
        host_name       darkwing.exc-sol.com
        }

define hostextinfo{
        use             RedHat
        host_name       argus.exc-sol.com
        }

define hostextinfo{
        use             RedHat
        host_name       jason.exc-sol.com
        }

define hostextinfo{
        use             Windows
        host_name       exc.exc-sol.com
        }

define hostextinfo{
        use             Windows
        host_name       exc2.exc-sol.com
        }

define hostextinfo{
        use             Switch
        host_name       switch1.exc-sol.com
        }

define hostextinfo{
        use             Router
        host_name       Firewall.exc-sol.com
        }

I feel kinda dumb about #3 above. A case of being to close to what you typed
for too long. I did some additional fiddling this morning and found that #2
was a red herring, and it does accept a string in that field as per the
documentation.

Hope this helps with your problem!

	markh