Authentication Blues

bauchi lists at bauchi.de
Wed Mar 26 19:42:54 CET 2003

hi Jeremy Russell,

Mittwoch, 26. März 2003 / 18:55 you wrote..

JR> Ya, I used mod_auth_ldap  The only deal is I have a lot more scripts and
JR> I didn't wanted to use the local stuff,  so there would be only one
JR> login,  I also wanted to give the option of logging in or not, so other
JR> users could see but not touch, if you know what I mean.
single sign on is a dream of every admin ...
but maybe someday it'll come true ;)

JR> What version of mod_auth_ldap are you using, the one I'm using only
JR> populates the LDAP_USER variable anyways, and I'd have to hack it to get
JR> it to load REMOTE_USER.I don't know. Maybe I'll end up using the
JR> mod_auth_ldap after all. I Just wanted more of a seamless integration.
JR> I'll hold out a little longer before I give up though.  Thanks for the
JR> reply!

i'm using the actual version from muquit.com (2.4.1)
http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap.tar.gz
i didn't include it as a static compiled mod to my apache because i
had some trouble with it this way..

i've made a dso for apache just like it was mentioned on the website:
/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lldap -llber -i -a -c mod_auth_ldap.c

and everything worked out as expected :)

here's how i've proteced the directory ... taken from the virtualhost
context:

<Directory  "/usr/local/nagios" >
        AuthName "Nagios... plese authenticate "
        AuthType Basic
        LDAP_Server 127.0.0.1 #<--- running stunnel to the nds
        LDAP_Port 14000  #<--- running stunnel to the nds
        Base_DN "o=sskm"
        UID_Attr cn
        require valid-user
        Options None